Again Note 7 flops, goes in flames

[ad_1]

 

Samsung Note 7 gone up in flames
Samsung Note 7 gone up in flames. Photo source: Reuters

Sale of the recently re-launched Samsung Note 7 has again been suspended worldwide following new report that the device goes up in flames.

The South Korean firm has urged all owners of the smartphone to turn off their devices while it investigates reports that the phone was going ablaze.

Samsung said it will stop all sales of the device pending the conclusion of its investigation.

“Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7 while the investigation is taking place,” the company said.

“Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note 7 or replacement Galaxy Note 7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available,” it added.

In September, Samsung recalled 2.5 million phones following complaint that the batteries were exploding.

Upon its re-launch in October, the company assured uses that the devise was now safe.

However, there are new reports that the new phone had gone from exploding to going ablaze.

BBC reports that a man in Kentucky said he woke up to a bedroom full of smoke from a replaced Note 7, days after a domestic flight in the US was evacuated after a new device started emitting smoke in the cabin.

The US consumer protection agency has also urged people not to use their Samsung replacement devices.

Chairman of teh commission Elliot Kaye said that Samsung’s decision to stop sales was a good one adding that “no one should have to be concerned their phone will endanger them, their family or their property,”.

The South Korean transport ministry also banned people should from charging or using their Note 7 devices on a plane.

The original Note 7 had already been banned by numerous aviation authorities and airlines around the world.

On Monday, US mobile networks AT&T and T-Mobile had already stopped replacing or selling the phone. In the UK, Vodafone and EE had suspended replacements.

Analysts say that this is a major blow for Samsung especially in its rivalry another top device manufacturer apple.

According to Dave Lee of the BBC, This story is no longer just about the Note 7. It’s about the trust consumers have in Samsung’s wide range of products.

Samsung launched its flagship product, the Note 7 on August 2 with sales starting in 10 markets by August 19.

However, the first report of the phone exploding came on August 24 and the company was forced to recall the phone following series of complaint that the phone battery was exploding.

[ad_2]

Source link

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *