Here are details of Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, who was asked to take over the Ministry of Finance on Friday.
Her appointment followed the resignation of Kemi Adeosun on Friday, September 14 over a NYSC certificate scandal.
After accepting Adeosun’s resignation, Buhari appointed Ahmed to oversee the ministry with immediate effect.
Before her new appointment, she was the State Minister, Budget and National Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Here are eight facts you need to know about Zainab Ahmed:
1. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was born 55 years ago in Kaduna State.
2. She obtained a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1981 and an MBA from the Ogun state University, Ago Iwoye.
3. She started work in 1982 as an Accountant in Kaduna State Ministry of Finance in Kaduna state and moved to Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL)
4. In 1995, where she worked in various departments and rose to the rank of the Deputy General Manager (DGM).
5. In 2010, she was appointed to serve as the executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
6. Before her appointment to oversee finance ministry, she was Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
7. She is a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), a member of the Nigerian Institute of Taxation and the Nigerian Institute of Management.
8. In March 2009, she was appointed Managing Director of Kaduna Investment Company. She was then appointed a member of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG).
Minimum wage: Group cautions NLC against hard-line posture
As the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC rejected the N27, 000 minimum wage approved for public servants by the Council of...
FG not paying N2.4bn on fuel subsidy, says Marafa
Chairman, Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Senator Kabiru Marafa, APC-Zamfara Central, Wednesday denied the claim that the federal government...
Ndume accuses PDP-led NASS leadership of 2019 budget delay
Former Senate Leader, Senator Ali Ndume, APC-Borno South, on Wednesday accused the current leadership of National Assembly mostly being led...
NLC rejects N27, 000 minimum wage
The Nigeria Labour Congress has rejected the N27,000 new national minimum wage adopted by the National Council of States on...
2019 budget passage faces delay as Senate adjourns over lack of quorum
Indication that commencement of debates on the 2019 budget presented by last year December by President Muhammadu Buhari may be...
Kwara North Leaders Commend PDP 2023 Power Shift Plan
Former top bureaucrats from Kwara north senatorial district have praised the understanding announced on Sunday by leaders of the Peoples...
After defiling 3 step sisters, see what court did to 14yr-old boy
A Chief Magistrate Court sitting in Ikeja on Monday remanded a 14-year-old boy (name withheld) for allegedly defiling his three...
Buhari is only waiting for election declaration— Okowa
President Muhammadu Buhari had already won the February 16 presidential election, ROYAL NEWS has gathered. The All Progressives Congress’ governorship...
BREAKING….PDP signs MoU to shift power to Kwara North in 2023
The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), in Kwara State on Sunday resolved to shift power to Kwara North...
Gobir donates new secretariat to Kwara APC
A chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, (APC) and Patron of the Presidential Support Committee for the re-election of President Muhammadu...