Here are details of Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, who was asked to take over the Ministry of Finance on Friday.
Her appointment followed the resignation of Kemi Adeosun on Friday, September 14 over a NYSC certificate scandal.
After accepting Adeosun’s resignation, Buhari appointed Ahmed to oversee the ministry with immediate effect.
Before her new appointment, she was the State Minister, Budget and National Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Here are eight facts you need to know about Zainab Ahmed:
1. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was born 55 years ago in Kaduna State.
2. She obtained a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1981 and an MBA from the Ogun state University, Ago Iwoye.
3. She started work in 1982 as an Accountant in Kaduna State Ministry of Finance in Kaduna state and moved to Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL)
4. In 1995, where she worked in various departments and rose to the rank of the Deputy General Manager (DGM).
5. In 2010, she was appointed to serve as the executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
6. Before her appointment to oversee finance ministry, she was Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
7. She is a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), a member of the Nigerian Institute of Taxation and the Nigerian Institute of Management.
8. In March 2009, she was appointed Managing Director of Kaduna Investment Company. She was then appointed a member of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG).
Nigerians are tired of economic hardship, CSOs tell Buhari, APC
*Mobilise support for Atiku, PDP By Olugbenga Salami Ahead of the 2019 general elections, a coalition of civil society groups...
Tax evasion: Group seeks early passage of its bill by HoR
By Olugbenga Salami A Non Governmental Organisation, NGO, Elites Sheriff Corps of Nigeria, ESCN, has appealed to the House...
Don’t blame National Assembly for budget delay, Olujimi tells Presidency
By Olugbenga Salami Senate Minority Leader, Senator Biodun Olujimi, PDP-Ekiti South, has said that the National Assembly can not be...
Expensive lady finally marries suitor who pays 520 cows, 3 Toyota V8 cars, N 3m as dowry
Nyalong Ngong Deng, the 17-year-old South Sudanese ‘untouched’ girl from Awerial in former Lake State whose beauty attracted over six...
Kebbi varsity ASUU resumes indefinite strike
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) of the Kebbi state University of science and technology, Aliero,...
British anthropologist advises against ranching in Nigeria
A British Development Anthropologist, Mr Roger Blench, says ranching cannot end challenges of pastoral migration in Nigeria, because it was...
2019:El-Rufai’s running mate, Hadiza Balarabe gets new appointment
Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir Eel-Rufai, has appointed Dr Hadiza Balarabe, his running mate for the 2019 governorship election, as...
Corruption: Rwanda recommends online assets declaration for Nigeria
The Rwandan Government Board (RGB) says online assets declaration by public office holders is one of the methods that can...
National Carrier: Why We Suspended Nigerian Air Project-Minister
Aminat Isiah, Abuja The Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, says the national carrier, Nigerian Air, which was...
Saraki: Laws Key to Winning Fight Against Crime, Terrorism in Africa
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Thursday underscored the importance of appropriate legislations in winning the war...