Here are details of Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, who was asked to take over the Ministry of Finance on Friday.
Her appointment followed the resignation of Kemi Adeosun on Friday, September 14 over a NYSC certificate scandal.
After accepting Adeosun’s resignation, Buhari appointed Ahmed to oversee the ministry with immediate effect.
Before her new appointment, she was the State Minister, Budget and National Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Here are eight facts you need to know about Zainab Ahmed:
1. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was born 55 years ago in Kaduna State.
2. She obtained a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1981 and an MBA from the Ogun state University, Ago Iwoye.
3. She started work in 1982 as an Accountant in Kaduna State Ministry of Finance in Kaduna state and moved to Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL)
4. In 1995, where she worked in various departments and rose to the rank of the Deputy General Manager (DGM).
5. In 2010, she was appointed to serve as the executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
6. Before her appointment to oversee finance ministry, she was Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
7. She is a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), a member of the Nigerian Institute of Taxation and the Nigerian Institute of Management.
8. In March 2009, she was appointed Managing Director of Kaduna Investment Company. She was then appointed a member of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG).
Read outcome of Osun guber polls
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the Osun State governorship election inconclusive. The reason for the cancellation, according...
Adeleke leads Oyetola, more results awaiting
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, is leading the candidate of the...
Tinubu refuses to endorse Ambode, insists on direct primaries
The national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Ahmed Tinubu and members of the Lagos chapter of the Governor’s...
Buhari’s minister, Shittu says he couldn’t afford N22.5m for APC forms, speaks on NYSC
The Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu on Saturday declared that contrary to insinuation that he was rich as a...
2019: David Mark can unite Nigeria – Jonathan
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that only a man with the strength of character and clear conscience like Senator...
Bolaji Abdullahi grieves over Bamigboye’s death
The Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) Gubernatorial Aspirant Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi has described the death of the First Military Governor of Kwara...
Osun Decides: Why I will win in landslide – Ademola Adeleke
. The standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party in the ongoing Osun election, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has boasted that...
Boko Haram: Army reveals plan to end insurgency
The Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Abba Dikko, has charged troops to redouble their efforts in the fight...
Osun election: What APC candidate Oyetola said after voting
Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State, has...
2019: Abubakar reveals his enemies, warns INEC, politicians
Former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, on Friday, said he will forever be an enemy of anyone that tried...