There have been serious agitation by workers of the Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation,(Radio Kwara) demanding the Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed-led government to heed to their plights.
Although,the workers on Saturday maintained that it was the swift intervention of the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed that led to the call-off of the protest/strike action.
ROYAL NEWS compiled the demands below:
1. Obsolete Equipment (Transmitter for FM and Am Station,Studio Equipment for Am Station,3 generating sets)
2. 8 operational Vehicles for easy convey of staff
3. Provision of working tools for both Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical
4. Provision of hostel accommodation
5. Delay and inconsistence provision of running cost
6. Prompt payment of salary and implementation of the just concluded promotion
7. Removal of Sole Administrator and returning power to the management under the supervision of the Ministry of Information and Communication
8. Fixing dilapidated structure at Budo-Efo and paying hazard allowances for staff suffering from radiation in the course of their duties
Emir of Ilorin appoints 11-member caretaker committee for Alangua/Magaji forum
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has approved the appointment of 11-member caretaker...
(PHOTOS)..Oluwo meets Emir of Kano, Mai-Borgu, IBB
Fayemi mourns late Olowo, Oba Olateru Olagbegi
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has commiserated with the government and people of Ondo State and the Owo people...
NAFDAC boss reveals tips on how to prevent kidney failure, diabetes, others
Authority of the National Agency for Food and Drug Adminitration and Control (NAFDAC) has raised the alarm that Nigeria is...
Ondo Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu suspended from APC
Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State, has been suspended from the All Progressives Congress (APC) by the national leadership of...
Buhari extends Tanko’s tenure as Acting CJN
The National Judicial Council (NJC) has extended the appointment of Justice Tanko Muhammad as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN)...
Police arrests three Sunny Ade’s impersonators
The police on Wednesday arraigned three persons in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly using the name of Afro-Juju icon,...
Assets declaration: Onnoghen knows fate today
The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has fixed today for judgment in the charge of false and non-declaration of assets...
Ndume: Borno citizens disown Gov Shettima over support for Lawan
Some concerned citizens of Borno State have dissociated themselves from Governor Kassim Shettima’s support for Senator Ahmad Lawan, against the...
Easter: FG declares Friday and Monday as public holiday
The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22, public holidays to mark the 2019 Easter celebration....