Connect with us

Business and Economy

Globacom refutes 9Mobile acquisition rumour



A leading Telecoms network, Globacom has distanced itself from reports which insinuated that it was the preferred bidder to acquire the telecommunications company, 9Mobile.

Globacom, on Friday disclosed that it has not acquired 9Mobile as widely reported in the media.

According to the company, “We are bound by the terms of the acquisition process as stipulated by the authorities handling it and we will not in any way sway or deviate from the rules.

“We repose confidence in Barclays Africa, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) which are handling the process that will lead to the emergence of a new owner for the company.”

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said on Thursday that the takeover of 9mobile will not take place on January 16 contrary to media reports.

According to the commission, only the deadline for the receipt of binding offers from the prospective bidders close on Tuesday, but the takeover wouldn’t happen that day.

The NCC in a statement yesterday said contrary to speculations that a winner would be announced on the same day [January 16, 2018], the preferred bidder would only be announced after recommendations from the “9mobile Interim Board.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Latest News

top stories4 hours ago

2019: We are ready to capture Lagos – PDP

The Lagos chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday said it had perfected plans to capture the state in...

Business4 hours ago

Dangote is major exporter of cement in Africa

The President of Dangote Group, Dr Aliku Dangote, has revealed that the company had made Nigeria net exporter of cement...

news4 hours ago

INEC to commence recall process of Melaye April 28

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday said the  recall process of  Sen.  Dino Melaye  representing Kogi West  would...

education4 hours ago

Borno Govt. orders closure of boarding schools

The Borno Government has directed the immediate closure of public boarding secondary schools, as part of measures to enhance security...

Politics4 hours ago

Wakili’s death: NASS to establish museum

The Senate on Wednesday said it would liaise with House of Representatives to establish National Assembly museum and archives to...

Politics4 hours ago

Reps to probe Niger Delta Amnesty office

The House of Representatives on Wednesday resolved to investigate application of funds allocated to the Presidential Amnesty Office for Niger...

news5 hours ago

DEFORESTATION….. Kwara govt to monitor charcoal dealers

In its effort to guard against deforestation, the Kwara State Government has expressed  to put in place a law that...

Health5 hours ago

Foundation to provide free eye treatment to 5000 Kwarans

A free medical outreach program providing eye screening, treatment and giving out eye glasses free of charge has commenced in...

news13 hours ago

GOOD NEWS : Dapchi schoolgirls rescued

Some of the 110 schoolgirls abducted from the northeast Nigerian town of Dapchi last month were brought back on Wednesday, two witnesses...

top stories16 hours ago

Paris Club refund: FG shared N1.9tr among states–Osinbajo

 The Federal Government said on Tuesday that it had  so far shared N1.9 trillion among  states as support from the...


Copyright © 2017 Royal News.

%d bloggers like this: