The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly passed a bill banning production, sale and consumption of alcohol in certain areas of Ilorin, the State capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the bill is titled, “Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018.”
Consequently, the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed yesterday gave his assent to the bill as passed by the State Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis.
Any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six month or both.
Below is the list of areas where alcohol ban takes effect as approved by the State Assembly:
1. From Central mosque through Emirs road to Aluko Bridge.
2. Gambari road and Ojagboro.
3. Shao road, Karumo road, Isalekoko and Okesuna.
4. Ajanaku, Edun, Sakama, Asunnara and Isale Maliki.
5. From Central mosque to Aluko stream, including Alapata, Agaka-Oke, Agaka Isale, Eruda, Gegele, Faagba and Ehinkule Oba.
6. From Government High School roundabout to Ita-Oloko Nla through Kuntu, Popo Omo-Oba, Isale Aluko, Jaji street and Alanamu.
6. Dada, Alawo-nla, Ondoko, Kankatu, Isale Elesin and Okelele.
7. From Isale-Oja to Pakata roundabout, including Oke-Ebo Alaso, Ita-Nma and Oke-anifowoshe
8. From Idi-ape Jumat Mosque to Fonma stream, including Alimi Road and Omoda.
9. From Government High School roundabout to Oloje, including Oke Agodi, Idigba and Oke-Anifowoshe
10. From Old-Yidi road junction through Ita Amodu to Niger road/Emirs’ road junction
11. From Niger road junction to Isale-Oja roundabout through Abdulazeez Attah road, Nasfat village to National Youth Centre.
12. From Geri-Alimi roundabout, Asa Dam road including Joro village, Harmony Diagnostic centre area and New Yidi road to Folawiyo road.
13. From Edun road junction, Opo-malu road to Amilegbe bridge to Gambari road/Sobi road junction including Ipata, Alagbado to Specialist Hospital junction.
14. From Specialist Hospital junction, Alagbado area, Medina to Oko-olowo.
15. From Harmony Housing Estate junction to Zango junction, which include areas on both sides of the road.
16. From Sabo-Oke junction to Oyun Bridge.
17. From Pakata roundabout to Alore junction (including Oloje and Banni).
nPDP To Continue Agitations After APC Convention – Baraje
Aggrieved members of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) under the guise of new Peoples Democratic Party(nPDP) have vowed that the...
Oluwo@51: Oba Akanbi is a rare King—-Olowu of Kuta
The Olowu of Kuta kingdom, Oba Ahmed Adekunle Makama Tegbosun lll, has felicitated with the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul...
BREAKING…. UITH gets new substantive CMD
A substantive Chief Medical Director has been appointed for the University od Ilorin Teaching Hospital. He is Professor Yusuf Abdullahi,...
We didn’t sponsor candidates to study in China— Perm Sec
Aminat Isah, Abuja The Federal Ministry of Transportation has debunked rumour of purported recruitment of candidates to study Railway Engineering...
Exclusive……ZAMFARA KILLINGS: Irregularities looms as corruption persist
Contrary to claim by the Federal Government that 2000 special security personnel was deployed to Zamfara to tackle increasing cases...
Don’t admit Saraki into PDP—-Kunle Sulyman
PdpA chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara, Alhaji Kunle Suleiman has warned leadership of the party against...
nPDP Members Will Attend APC Convention – Baraje
Aggrieved members of the All Progressives( APC) in the new Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP) fold – led by Alhaji Abubakar...
6,800 delegates to vote at APC Convention
No fewer than 6,800 delegates are expected to vote for aspirants contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the...
2018 Budget: NASS not department in presidency
Chairman, Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Sen. Dino Melaye, on Thursday said that the National Assembly was not a...
We are determined to ensure 2018 budget is executed effectively- FG
The Federal Government says in spite of the delay in signing the 2018 Appropriation Bill into law, it is determined...