The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly passed a bill banning production, sale and consumption of alcohol in certain areas of Ilorin, the State capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the bill is titled, “Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018.”
Consequently, the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed yesterday gave his assent to the bill as passed by the State Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis.
Any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six month or both.
Below is the list of areas where alcohol ban takes effect as approved by the State Assembly:
1. From Central mosque through Emirs road to Aluko Bridge.
2. Gambari road and Ojagboro.
3. Shao road, Karumo road, Isalekoko and Okesuna.
4. Ajanaku, Edun, Sakama, Asunnara and Isale Maliki.
5. From Central mosque to Aluko stream, including Alapata, Agaka-Oke, Agaka Isale, Eruda, Gegele, Faagba and Ehinkule Oba.
6. From Government High School roundabout to Ita-Oloko Nla through Kuntu, Popo Omo-Oba, Isale Aluko, Jaji street and Alanamu.
6. Dada, Alawo-nla, Ondoko, Kankatu, Isale Elesin and Okelele.
7. From Isale-Oja to Pakata roundabout, including Oke-Ebo Alaso, Ita-Nma and Oke-anifowoshe
8. From Idi-ape Jumat Mosque to Fonma stream, including Alimi Road and Omoda.
9. From Government High School roundabout to Oloje, including Oke Agodi, Idigba and Oke-Anifowoshe
10. From Old-Yidi road junction through Ita Amodu to Niger road/Emirs’ road junction
11. From Niger road junction to Isale-Oja roundabout through Abdulazeez Attah road, Nasfat village to National Youth Centre.
12. From Geri-Alimi roundabout, Asa Dam road including Joro village, Harmony Diagnostic centre area and New Yidi road to Folawiyo road.
13. From Edun road junction, Opo-malu road to Amilegbe bridge to Gambari road/Sobi road junction including Ipata, Alagbado to Specialist Hospital junction.
14. From Specialist Hospital junction, Alagbado area, Medina to Oko-olowo.
15. From Harmony Housing Estate junction to Zango junction, which include areas on both sides of the road.
16. From Sabo-Oke junction to Oyun Bridge.
17. From Pakata roundabout to Alore junction (including Oloje and Banni).
SAD….. FRSC boss die of road accident
The Anambra State Federal Road Safety Corps Sector Commander, Sunday Ajayi, has reportedly died in an auto crash. An insider...
DEBATE…Why I have so much grey hairs on my head—Osinbajo
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has attributed the grey hair on his head as one of the factors showing how tasking...
BREAKING…Vice Presidential Debate Begins
Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, debate for the Vice Presidential candidates of five political parties has commenced, ROYAL NEWS...
EXPOSED…. PDP planning to hack into INEC’s server, APC alleged
The Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), has been alleged of enlisting the services of some hackers from Russia in order to...
Why court sentenced 35yr-old man to 9yrs in prison
An Indian national has been sentenced to nine years in prison in the US for a brazen sexual assault of...
Court sacks Donald Duke, declares Jerry Gana as SDP presidential candidate
An FCT High Court in Maitama on Friday declared a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, the winner of...
Buhari challenges governors on infrastructure devt.
President Muhammadu Buhari has challenged state governors to redouble efforts in addressing infrastructure deficiencies in their respective states to revamp...
Court sacks Buruji Kashamu, declares him illegal
The Peoples Democratic Party has commended the Thursday judgement of an Abuja Federal High Court validating the expulsion of Senator...
FG working on early implementation of new minimum wage — SGF
The Federal Government is working toward early implementation of new minimum wage which has caused a lot of controversies in...
No Diaspora or out-of-country voting in 2019-INEC
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says there will be no Diaspora or Out-of-Country voting for Nigerians in the 2019...