The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly passed a bill banning production, sale and consumption of alcohol in certain areas of Ilorin, the State capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the bill is titled, “Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018.”
Consequently, the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed yesterday gave his assent to the bill as passed by the State Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis.
Any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six month or both.
Below is the list of areas where alcohol ban takes effect as approved by the State Assembly:
1. From Central mosque through Emirs road to Aluko Bridge.
2. Gambari road and Ojagboro.
3. Shao road, Karumo road, Isalekoko and Okesuna.
4. Ajanaku, Edun, Sakama, Asunnara and Isale Maliki.
5. From Central mosque to Aluko stream, including Alapata, Agaka-Oke, Agaka Isale, Eruda, Gegele, Faagba and Ehinkule Oba.
6. From Government High School roundabout to Ita-Oloko Nla through Kuntu, Popo Omo-Oba, Isale Aluko, Jaji street and Alanamu.
6. Dada, Alawo-nla, Ondoko, Kankatu, Isale Elesin and Okelele.
7. From Isale-Oja to Pakata roundabout, including Oke-Ebo Alaso, Ita-Nma and Oke-anifowoshe
8. From Idi-ape Jumat Mosque to Fonma stream, including Alimi Road and Omoda.
9. From Government High School roundabout to Oloje, including Oke Agodi, Idigba and Oke-Anifowoshe
10. From Old-Yidi road junction through Ita Amodu to Niger road/Emirs’ road junction
11. From Niger road junction to Isale-Oja roundabout through Abdulazeez Attah road, Nasfat village to National Youth Centre.
12. From Geri-Alimi roundabout, Asa Dam road including Joro village, Harmony Diagnostic centre area and New Yidi road to Folawiyo road.
13. From Edun road junction, Opo-malu road to Amilegbe bridge to Gambari road/Sobi road junction including Ipata, Alagbado to Specialist Hospital junction.
14. From Specialist Hospital junction, Alagbado area, Medina to Oko-olowo.
15. From Harmony Housing Estate junction to Zango junction, which include areas on both sides of the road.
16. From Sabo-Oke junction to Oyun Bridge.
17. From Pakata roundabout to Alore junction (including Oloje and Banni).
Tinubu refuses to endorse Ambode, insists on direct primaries
The national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Ahmed Tinubu and members of the Lagos chapter of the Governor’s...
Buhari’s minister, Shittu says he couldn’t afford N22.5m for APC forms, speaks on NYSC
The Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu on Saturday declared that contrary to insinuation that he was rich as a...
2019: David Mark can unite Nigeria – Jonathan
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that only a man with the strength of character and clear conscience like Senator...
Bolaji Abdullahi grieves over Bamigboye’s death
The Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) Gubernatorial Aspirant Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi has described the death of the First Military Governor of Kwara...
Osun Decides: Why I will win in landslide – Ademola Adeleke
. The standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party in the ongoing Osun election, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has boasted that...
Boko Haram: Army reveals plan to end insurgency
The Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Abba Dikko, has charged troops to redouble their efforts in the fight...
Osun election: What APC candidate Oyetola said after voting
Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State, has...
2019: Abubakar reveals his enemies, warns INEC, politicians
Former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, on Friday, said he will forever be an enemy of anyone that tried...
Lagos APC crisis: CUPP tells Ambode what to do, accuses Buhari, Oshiomhole of backing Tinubu to sack governor
The Coalition for United Political Parties, CUPP, has called on the Governor of Lagos State Akinwumi Ambode, to resist alleged...
Osun Decides: How each candidate stands, plus intrigues, suspense of finality
”Election activities would commence on June 23 with the release of Notice of Election, political parties would commence public campaign...