The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly passed a bill banning production, sale and consumption of alcohol in certain areas of Ilorin, the State capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the bill is titled, “Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018.”
Consequently, the State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed yesterday gave his assent to the bill as passed by the State Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis.
Any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six month or both.
Below is the list of areas where alcohol ban takes effect as approved by the State Assembly:
1. From Central mosque through Emirs road to Aluko Bridge.
2. Gambari road and Ojagboro.
3. Shao road, Karumo road, Isalekoko and Okesuna.
4. Ajanaku, Edun, Sakama, Asunnara and Isale Maliki.
5. From Central mosque to Aluko stream, including Alapata, Agaka-Oke, Agaka Isale, Eruda, Gegele, Faagba and Ehinkule Oba.
6. From Government High School roundabout to Ita-Oloko Nla through Kuntu, Popo Omo-Oba, Isale Aluko, Jaji street and Alanamu.
6. Dada, Alawo-nla, Ondoko, Kankatu, Isale Elesin and Okelele.
7. From Isale-Oja to Pakata roundabout, including Oke-Ebo Alaso, Ita-Nma and Oke-anifowoshe
8. From Idi-ape Jumat Mosque to Fonma stream, including Alimi Road and Omoda.
9. From Government High School roundabout to Oloje, including Oke Agodi, Idigba and Oke-Anifowoshe
10. From Old-Yidi road junction through Ita Amodu to Niger road/Emirs’ road junction
11. From Niger road junction to Isale-Oja roundabout through Abdulazeez Attah road, Nasfat village to National Youth Centre.
12. From Geri-Alimi roundabout, Asa Dam road including Joro village, Harmony Diagnostic centre area and New Yidi road to Folawiyo road.
13. From Edun road junction, Opo-malu road to Amilegbe bridge to Gambari road/Sobi road junction including Ipata, Alagbado to Specialist Hospital junction.
14. From Specialist Hospital junction, Alagbado area, Medina to Oko-olowo.
15. From Harmony Housing Estate junction to Zango junction, which include areas on both sides of the road.
16. From Sabo-Oke junction to Oyun Bridge.
17. From Pakata roundabout to Alore junction (including Oloje and Banni).
Niger Gov signs 2018 budget
By Hammed Salawu, Minna Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sanni Bello, has signed the 2018 budget into law, ROYAL NEWS...
2019: We are ready to capture Lagos – PDP
The Lagos chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday said it had perfected plans to capture the state in...
Dangote is major exporter of cement in Africa
The President of Dangote Group, Dr Aliku Dangote, has revealed that the company had made Nigeria net exporter of cement...
INEC to commence recall process of Melaye April 28
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday said the recall process of Sen. Dino Melaye representing Kogi West would...
Borno Govt. orders closure of boarding schools
The Borno Government has directed the immediate closure of public boarding secondary schools, as part of measures to enhance security...
Wakili’s death: NASS to establish museum
The Senate on Wednesday said it would liaise with House of Representatives to establish National Assembly museum and archives to...
Reps to probe Niger Delta Amnesty office
The House of Representatives on Wednesday resolved to investigate application of funds allocated to the Presidential Amnesty Office for Niger...
DEFORESTATION….. Kwara govt to monitor charcoal dealers
In its effort to guard against deforestation, the Kwara State Government has expressed to put in place a law that...
Foundation to provide free eye treatment to 5000 Kwarans
A free medical outreach program providing eye screening, treatment and giving out eye glasses free of charge has commenced in...
GOOD NEWS : Dapchi schoolgirls rescued
Some of the 110 schoolgirls abducted from the northeast Nigerian town of Dapchi last month were brought back on Wednesday, two witnesses...