Here are details of Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, who was asked to take over the Ministry of Finance on Friday.
Her appointment followed the resignation of Kemi Adeosun on Friday, September 14 over a NYSC certificate scandal.
After accepting Adeosun’s resignation, Buhari appointed Ahmed to oversee the ministry with immediate effect.
Before her new appointment, she was the State Minister, Budget and National Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Here are eight facts you need to know about Zainab Ahmed:
1. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was born 55 years ago in Kaduna State.
2. She obtained a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1981 and an MBA from the Ogun state University, Ago Iwoye.
3. She started work in 1982 as an Accountant in Kaduna State Ministry of Finance in Kaduna state and moved to Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL)
4. In 1995, where she worked in various departments and rose to the rank of the Deputy General Manager (DGM).
5. In 2010, she was appointed to serve as the executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
6. Before her appointment to oversee finance ministry, she was Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
7. She is a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), a member of the Nigerian Institute of Taxation and the Nigerian Institute of Management.
8. In March 2009, she was appointed Managing Director of Kaduna Investment Company. She was then appointed a member of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG).
BREAKING…Kwara PDP Rejects Rep Bye -election Results
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara state has rejected the results of the bye-election conducted in Ekiti/Irepodun/Isin/Oke-Ero Federal Constituency...
Foundation donates relief materials to widows, orphans
By Olugbenga Salami Ahead of the Christmas celebration, a non-governmental organization, NGO, at the weekend donated relief materials to widows and...
APC candidate, Raheem Olawuyi by-election in Kwara
The candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC,Alhaji Raheem Adeniyi, has been declared the winner of the by-election in Ekiti/Isin/Irepodun/Oke...
Meet Nigerian governor who didn’t collect salaries for 8yrs
The outgoing governor of Osun, Rauf Aregbesola has said that he did not earn salaries throughout the eight years of...
BY-ELECTION: Kwara REC expresses satisfaction over election conduct
The Resident Electoral Commissioner, (REC), in Kwara State, Alhaji Attahiru Madami, has commended voters in the ongoing by-election into the...
Saraki seeks greater commitment to eradicate corruption
By Olugbenga Salami Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on Friday, said that Nigeria can only grow and achieve its true...
Nigerian Army constructs holding facility for insurgents in Borno
The Nigerian Army says it has embarked on the construction of a holding facility in Borno to improve detainee management...
FRSC tasks petrol tanker drivers on safety regulations
The Lagos State Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), on Friday, advised petrol tanker drivers to adhere to...
2, 100 Corps members commence orientation course in Kwara
A total of 2, 100 Corps members have began orientation for the 2018 batch C Orientation course at the NYSC...
NAHCON reads riot act to tour operators, state pilgrims’ boards
By Olugbenga Salami National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON has warned the Licensed Tour Operators and State Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards...